Buying yoga for someone else?
Preparing for 'Me Time' Momma YogaTM
No yoga experience is necessary. In fact, many attend their first yoga class during pregnancy or postpartum.
- Studios typically have bolsters, blankets, cork blocks, straps and mats. (However, for hygienic purposes we encourage you to bring your own sticky yoga mat.)
- Bring your own eye pillow as an extra enhancement to restful postures.
- Wear comfortable, breathable clothing. Layers work well in the cooler months. The room is set at about 70-75 degrees.
- Refrain from heavy scents. (i.e. lotions, perfumes or colognes)
- Traditionally yoga is practiced on an empty belly (refraining from meals 2 hours before practice.) If possible, notice if you can avoid eating right before class.
- Being a mom is a never-ending job. Prioritizing your food and water intake is laughable. If you need to eat before coming to class - eat! Just like in Prenatal Yoga: perhaps avoid that chili cheese dog until after class, but enjoy a small sandwich, veggies, fruit or crackers to tide you over.
- Most importantly: please do not leave early. Allowing time for a restorative pose seals the work you have done. Becoming aware of your body, mind and breath is our goal to assist you through this phase of life. Embrace stillness.
'Me Time' Momma Yoga Info
Did you know postpartum is forever?! It's true. All women welcomed! Most women who attend have given birth at some point in their lives; however, it is not required to have been pregnant or given birth in your lifetime to benefit from this practice.
- Topics will generally be on life as a woman, which may include motherhood.
- Sessions focus on alleviating physical and mental stress.
- Ask the teacher before or after class for a diastasis recti check.
- Explore what "core strength" really means and how to properly engage the pelvic floor + transverse abdominal muscles for optimal healing and strength in everyday activities.
- Weeks 2, 4, and 6 will incorporate Yoga Nidra. (Within each session the same Yoga Nidra will be offered three times to cultivate greater awareness and benefits.)
Participants are encouraged to register for subsequent sessions.
Due to popularity pre-registration is necessary. Space is limited.
Click the 'Sign Up' button to view pricing details by creating an account. No 'Sign Up' button means the session is full.
Each yoga session (often six-week segments) repeat weekly at the same time and day indicated for the specific class. When the session concludes a new session will likely begin right away.
** Summer 2019 classes will be available to schedule by May. **
Visit the Teachers page to pick the location and teacher nearest you.