Dental Care: Holistic Practices to Keep You Healthy
by Elise Bowerman
Fluoride and mercury (silver) amalgam's are toxins we often unknowingly allow in our bodies which cause major distress and dis-ease. Below are excellent links to solidify your research on the harmful effects, along with finding naturally supportive dentists... especially if you need to get the mercury removed from your mouth.
Fluoridating the water and dental products is good for your teeth and stops tooth decay in children.
Fact: Rather than strengthening bone tissue, fluoride causes osteoporosis. New evidence shows fluoride can also damage the central nervous system, causing brain dysfunction, lower IQ and possibly even Alzheimer's disease (What Doctor's Don't Tell You, vol. 3, no. 9 and vol. 9, no. 3.)"
- The Nutritional Healing Center in Ann Arbor
Find a Holistic Dentist
- Dr. Tom McGuire's Mercury-Safe Dentist
- Holistic Dental Association
- Talk International
Websites and Articles
- Fluoride Action Network
- How Eggshells Can Naturally Heal Your Cavities and More, LA Healthy Living, 2013
- How to heal cavities naturally, at Healing the body: healthy lifestyle solutions, 2013
- Learn How Mercury Is Affecting You and the Ones You Love, Dr. Mercola
- Making the Right Dental Choice, Bob Marshall, Phd, CCN
- Amalgam + MS, CureZone.com, 2004
- Mercury and MS - Summary and References, International Academy of Oral Medicine & Toxicology
- Resources & Links from Mercury Mom: My Journey with MS blog
- Tate's (baby to adult)
- doTERRA On Guard Toothpaste (once kids can spit to adults)
- If you have a Kangen Water® filter, and can spit, use pH 2.5 water to brush in your mouth, then rinse with pH 9.5 water.
- Any toothpaste from a health food store without fluoride, titanium dioxide, carrageenan, words you cannot pronounce, and if it says, "if swallowed, call 911."